Omar-S Makes West Coast Debut
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Omar-S has been on the radar of many lately, what with his new Fabric mix about to drop, but fans in California won't have to twiddle their thumbs until the compilation's March 16 release date to get a taste of the Detroit producer.
The man born Alex Omar Smith will make his West Coast performance debut on February 20 in Los Angeles, and if you enjoy both techno and the color purple, this event should satisfy. Planet Purple, which is part of a new event series put on by L.A.-based party Compression, will live up to its name by featuring bartenders and security staff clad in the aforementioned color, while Smith, along with Bodycode, bring the music.
Location is undisclosed as of yet, so check the party's MySpace page for info on just which downtown L.A. warehouse you should head to this Friday evening.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player