Omar-S Makes West Coast Debut
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Omar-S has been on the radar of many lately, what with his new Fabric mix about to drop, but fans in California won't have to twiddle their thumbs until the compilation's March 16 release date to get a taste of the Detroit producer.
The man born Alex Omar Smith will make his West Coast performance debut on February 20 in Los Angeles, and if you enjoy both techno and the color purple, this event should satisfy. Planet Purple, which is part of a new event series put on by L.A.-based party Compression, will live up to its name by featuring bartenders and security staff clad in the aforementioned color, while Smith, along with Bodycode, bring the music.
Location is undisclosed as of yet, so check the party's MySpace page for info on just which downtown L.A. warehouse you should head to this Friday evening.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player