Throbbing Gristle Announces U.S. Tour
- Words: Maverick Newberry
A band going on hiatus is one thing, but when a group returns after nearly 30 years off the radar, it's bound to stir things up. British industrial four-piece Throbbing Gristle has done just that in recent years, first by reuniting in 2004 to release new material, and now by announcing its first U.S. tour since 1981.
The extremely small handful of dates includes an appearance at this year's Coachella Festival, as well as first-ever performances in Chicago and New York, where the boys swill play not one, but two sets, both of which will begin with a new live soundtrack to Derek Jarman's film, In the Shadow of the Sun.
And of course, for all the schwag junkies out there, a special TG USA 2009 merchandise line will be available for purchase at the shows. This includes a new album, a t-shirt specific to each event, and an intriguing item called the Tour Enamel Badge.
04/16 Brooklyn, NY - Masonic Hall
04/19 Indio, CA - Coachella
04/21 Los Angeles, CA - UCLA
04/23 San Francisco, CA - Grand Regency Ballroom
04/25 Chicago, IL - Ephiphany Episcopal
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player