Throbbing Gristle Announces U.S. Tour
- Words: Maverick Newberry
A band going on hiatus is one thing, but when a group returns after nearly 30 years off the radar, it's bound to stir things up. British industrial four-piece Throbbing Gristle has done just that in recent years, first by reuniting in 2004 to release new material, and now by announcing its first U.S. tour since 1981.
The extremely small handful of dates includes an appearance at this year's Coachella Festival, as well as first-ever performances in Chicago and New York, where the boys swill play not one, but two sets, both of which will begin with a new live soundtrack to Derek Jarman's film, In the Shadow of the Sun.
And of course, for all the schwag junkies out there, a special TG USA 2009 merchandise line will be available for purchase at the shows. This includes a new album, a t-shirt specific to each event, and an intriguing item called the Tour Enamel Badge.
04/16 Brooklyn, NY - Masonic Hall
04/19 Indio, CA - Coachella
04/21 Los Angeles, CA - UCLA
04/23 San Francisco, CA - Grand Regency Ballroom
04/25 Chicago, IL - Ephiphany Episcopal
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player