Touch and Go Ends Distribution Arm
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Though it's not completely shutting down shop, influential Chicago label Touch and Go has confirmed it will shut down its distribution arm.
Started in 1980 by Corey Rusk, the label has been home to countless acts, from Jesus Lizard and Slint to Blonde Redhead, !!!, and TV on the Radio. It has also become a known distributor of other independent labels like Drag City, Merge, Suicide Squeeze, and Jade Tree.
Citing the economic downturn as the reason for the decision, the label stated, in a press release this morning, "We can no longer afford to continue this lesser known, yet important part of Touch and Go’s operations. Over the years, these labels have become part of our family, and it pains us to see them go. We wish them all the very best and we will be doing everything we can to help make the transition as easy as possible."
This won't be the complete end of T&G, as the label itself will be "returning to its roots and focusing solely on being an independent record label."
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player