XLR8R Seeks S.F. Interns
XLR8R is looking for editorial interns in our San Francisco office who know the difference between Junior Boys and Boys Noize, techno and electro, Major Lazer, lazer bass, and drum & bass, hip-hop and trip-hop, and who require minimal hand-holding. Positions are for both editorial and events and online marketing.
Duties include writing and posting content to the XLR8R website, writing record reviews, assisting with the preparation of web graphics, logging incoming releases, and helping with general organizational tasks. This intern will also help with the management of XLR8R.com's social networking accounts (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter).
All internships are unpaid, and require a commitment of 8-10 hours per week, for 4-6 months. Eligible applicants will have excellent communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and be email- and internet savvy. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML are a plus. Journalism students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 published or unpublished writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player