Zion I to Host Remix Contest
- Words: Jennifer Marston
No one appreciates the art of the remix like Zion I, and in preparation for their upcoming album, The TakeOver, MC Zumbi and Amplive are sharing their enthusiasm for the practice by holding a remix contest.
The track in question is "DJ DJ," which was leaked last month on the web and finds the hip-hop duo exploring some electro territory.
Fans are urged to visit an "innovative new widget," where individual track parts are currently living. Remixers are to create a new version of the song and upload it to the widget. Not a professional remixer? Not a problem. Amp and Zumbi have provided a basic production interface for users who don't own remixing software. They've even provided this to aid in the process.
Prizes thus far include autographed discography, track placement on the Zion I website, and Zion I merchandise. Check the Zion I site for more details.
The TakeOver is out February 17 on Gold Dust Media.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player