Au Revoir Simone Preps Third Full-Length
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Au Revoir Simone's three lovely ladies—Heather D'Angelo, Erika Forster, and Annie Hart—haven't seen five spare minutes of R&R put together, it seems, since their sophomore album, Bird of Music, dropped in 2007. The album's critical success sent the girls through a flurry of tours, festivals, interviews, and the like, but despite a hectic schedule, they've managed to compile a third full-length, which will be released in just a couple of months.
Still Night, Still Light finds Au Revoir Simone further cultivating their synth-pop sound, but what was, according to D'Angelo, "a whirlwind of non-stop traveling," has undeniably influenced the band.
"It's almost hard to put into words how that affected us; I'm not even sure if I've even completely processed all that I went through in those two years," she explains over email. "We shared the same experiences of being away from home, being lost, being found, being so stimulated, excited and happy, but then also so lonely, isolated, homesick, and melancholy. Still Light, Still Night is about all of those things—it’s our intimate tour diary which chronicles one of the most intense and fun times of our lives."
Thom Monahan, who has also worked with Vetiver and Little Joy, produced the album, which the band recorded between Brooklyn and Los Angeles and will be released May 19 via their own label, Our Secret Record Company.
Before then, the girls will head to Austin for SXSW, and a U.S. tour is set to follow this spring.
Still Night, Still Light
01 Another Likely Story
03 All or Nothing
04 Knight of Wands
05 The Last One
06 Trace a Line
07 Only You Can Make You Happy
08 Take Me as I Am
09 Anywhere You Looked
10 Organized Scenery
11 We Are Here
12 Tell Me
Photo by Inma Varandela.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player