Audion Readies New Releases
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Starting today, fans of Matthew Dear's alter ego Audion can get a sneak peek at the minimal techno mastermind's latest release.
Here’s the catch: he's not simply unleashing a single then following up with a full-length. Instead, Dear will take his time and unveil a series of tracks over the course of several months. "I Am the Car," out today, kicks the project off. The track is currently available for free at the Audion site, so long as you're willing to give up your email address (nothing in this world is, after all, completely free).
Further releases will follow each month, and be periodically pressed up as vinyl singles for all the DJs out there. The aforementioned album will eventually surface from these tracks, though vital details (title, release date) have yet to be announced. According to a recent press release, "This special unfolding of Audion's new material will allow listeners to literally hear the development of the artist's new sound leading up to an album of new material to follow."
Dear will unveil a new live setup this summer at "select technologically advanced festivals and clubs." In the meantime, grab that new track.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player