Glitch Mob, Busy P Join Movement 2009
- Words: Jennifer Marston
No less than 25 more artists join the lineup for the previously announced Movement 2009 festival, which will take over Detroit's Hart Plaza from May 23 - 25. The longtime electronic music festival is both a multi-day and multi-genre affair this year, with dubstep star Benga, electro producers Busy P and Krazy Baldhead, and future-blappers Glitch Mob joining Ellen Allien, Flying Lotus, The Prodigy, and Steve Bug.
According to Jason Huvaere, president of Paxahau, who organizes the festival, the 25 additions to the bill make up most of the remaining artists scheduled to perform, but it's likely one or two more will join the list over the next few weeks. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, pick up a weekend pass, now going for $40.
Al Ester, Anthony Attalla, Anthony Rother (Live), Benga, Busy P, Chuck Gibson (a.k.a. Perception), Craig Gonzalez, Delano Smith, Drumcell, Exchange Bureau (Live), Glitch Mob (Live), Henrik Schwarz, AME and Dixon Present Innervisions Live: A Critical Mass, Jay Denham, Kevin Reynolds (Live), Krazy Baldhead, Lusine, Marc "MK" Kinchen & Scotty Deep, Mieka du Franx, Mike Clark, Neil Landstrumm, Nic Fanciulli, Nikola Baytala, Octave One, The Sight Below, Will Webb
Pictured: Glitch Mob.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player