Glitch Mob, Busy P Join Movement 2009
- Words: Jennifer Marston
No less than 25 more artists join the lineup for the previously announced Movement 2009 festival, which will take over Detroit's Hart Plaza from May 23 - 25. The longtime electronic music festival is both a multi-day and multi-genre affair this year, with dubstep star Benga, electro producers Busy P and Krazy Baldhead, and future-blappers Glitch Mob joining Ellen Allien, Flying Lotus, The Prodigy, and Steve Bug.
According to Jason Huvaere, president of Paxahau, who organizes the festival, the 25 additions to the bill make up most of the remaining artists scheduled to perform, but it's likely one or two more will join the list over the next few weeks. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, pick up a weekend pass, now going for $40.
Al Ester, Anthony Attalla, Anthony Rother (Live), Benga, Busy P, Chuck Gibson (a.k.a. Perception), Craig Gonzalez, Delano Smith, Drumcell, Exchange Bureau (Live), Glitch Mob (Live), Henrik Schwarz, AME and Dixon Present Innervisions Live: A Critical Mass, Jay Denham, Kevin Reynolds (Live), Krazy Baldhead, Lusine, Marc "MK" Kinchen & Scotty Deep, Mieka du Franx, Mike Clark, Neil Landstrumm, Nic Fanciulli, Nikola Baytala, Octave One, The Sight Below, Will Webb
Pictured: Glitch Mob.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player