Mala, Ricardo Villalobos Join MUTEK
- Words: Maverick Newberry
One need only scan the recent news on XLR8R.com to know that MUTEK Montreal preparations are in full effect. The multi-day electronic music festival will celebrate its tenth birthday this year, and another round of artists was added to the bill (which already includes the likes of Carl Craig, Akufen, Ghislain Poirier, and a couple dozen others) this morning.
Deadbeat, Mala (of Digital Mystikz), Robert Henke, and The Mole now join the festivities. Die-hard Ricardo Villalobos fans will be thrilled to know he's playing a seven-hour DJ set alongside German producer Zip, and and the aforementioned Henke will unveil his ATOM project, in which compositions will be played on "a matrix of 64 illuminated helium balloons." Wrap your head around that one, then visit the MUTEK site for ticket info.
Deadbeat & Paul St. Hilaire
Martin Tétreault & Michael Langevin
Ricardo Villalobos & Zip
Robert Henke & Christopher Bauder
Pictured: Deadbeat. Photo by Lars Borges.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player