Mala, Ricardo Villalobos Join MUTEK
- Words: Maverick Newberry
One need only scan the recent news on XLR8R.com to know that MUTEK Montreal preparations are in full effect. The multi-day electronic music festival will celebrate its tenth birthday this year, and another round of artists was added to the bill (which already includes the likes of Carl Craig, Akufen, Ghislain Poirier, and a couple dozen others) this morning.
Deadbeat, Mala (of Digital Mystikz), Robert Henke, and The Mole now join the festivities. Die-hard Ricardo Villalobos fans will be thrilled to know he's playing a seven-hour DJ set alongside German producer Zip, and and the aforementioned Henke will unveil his ATOM project, in which compositions will be played on "a matrix of 64 illuminated helium balloons." Wrap your head around that one, then visit the MUTEK site for ticket info.
Deadbeat & Paul St. Hilaire
Martin Tétreault & Michael Langevin
Ricardo Villalobos & Zip
Robert Henke & Christopher Bauder
Pictured: Deadbeat. Photo by Lars Borges.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player