MUTEK Unveils Initial Lineup
- Words: Jennifer Marston
After unveiling the dates for its 2009 festival, MUTEK has announced the initial lineup for the tenth anniversary its annual multi-day event, taking place once again in Montreal (this year from May 27 – 31).
Carl Craig, Mathew Jonson, Moderat (Modeselektor and Apparat), Jahcoozi, and several others are on the initial bill, which, according to MUTEK's official blog, is "a climax that delicately balances the many traditions that MUTEK has cultivated over the last nine years."
Festival passes are on sale now, at the early bird price of $195 (CDN), until April 14.
For those who can't make the trip to Montreal, the MUTEK crew will be trekking through Canada with The Mole, Peter Bucci, Ezekiel Honig, and others, for the previously announced MUTEK_10 mini-tour.
For those who do plan to attend the Montreal festival, here's the initial lineup:
Jaki Liebezeit & Burnt Friedman
Mathew Jonson vs. Dandy Jack
Modern Deep Left Quartet
Nortec Collective Presents Bostich & Fussible
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player