- Words: Jennifer Marston
Desmond "Ninjaman" Ballentine has been arrested and charged with murder, conspiracy to murder, shooting with intent, and illegal possession of a firearm, it’s being reported.
According to the Jamaica Star, the well-known dancehall DJ has been linked to the murder of 20-year-old Robert Johnson. Johnson, according to the paper, was outside of his Kingston, Jamaica home with a friend on Tuesday when a gray car containing three men showed up. An argument broke out between Johnson’s friend and the vehicle’s occupants. The car drove away, but later returned, at which time the occupants opened fire and hit Johnson, who later died in the hospital.
Assistant Police Commissioner Les Green told the Jamaica Observer, "[Ballantine] was questioned [Tuesday] afternoon and, as a result of that interview, the chargers were laid." He added that the police “had a good case” against Ballantine.
The arrest isn't the first run-in Ninjaman has encountered with the law. In the late-'90s, he was accused of raping a woman at knife point and murdering a taxi driver, in addition to being sentenced to a year in jail after being convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm.
He is currently being held in custody.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player