The Prodigy, Carl Craig Play Movement
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Detroit's annual Movement Festival will once again invade Hart Plaza over Memorial Day weekend, and the powers that be who are in charge of this year's festivities announced an initial lineup this morning. According to Jason Huvaere, president of Paxahau, who's been organizing Movement over the last four years, this year's three-day event—set for May 23, 24, and 25—will feature "a major Detroit presence, as well as some performers that rarely set foot onstage in the United States."
One such treat will be a performance by The Prodigy, back after a number of years with a forthcoming fifth studio album, Invaders Must Die. Liam Howlett and Co. will open Movement festivities with a performance at The Fillmore, and any good fan of electronic music would be wise to pull out the credit card on Friday, March 20, when tickets for that event go on sale.
Elsewhere in the plaza that weekend will be Detroit techno legends Carl Craig, Derrick May, and Kevin Saunderson, a hip-hop presence from Z-Trip and Flying Lotus, and a strong European contingent that includes Ellen Allien, Heidi, Tiefschwarz, and Steve Bug.
Weekend passes are available now, for $35, via Paxahau's site. Post March 23, the price jumps to $40.
And here's the lineup:
Adam Beyer, Adultnapper, Afrika Bambaataa, Bad Boy Bill, Benny Benassi, Buzz Goree, Carl Cox, Carl Craig, Chloe Harris, Damian Lazarus, Dennis Ferrer, Derrick May, Ellen Allien, Flying Lotus, Francois K, Guy Gerber, Heidi, Kero, Kevin Saunderson, Loco Dice vs. Luciano, Los Hermanos, Luke Hess, Marco Carola, Mike Huckaby, Onur Ozer, Osunlade, Rick Wade, RJD2, Seoul vs. Linder 2x4, Steve Bug, Tiefschwarz, Tiga, Wighnomy Bros, Z-Trip
Pictured: The Prodigy.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player