Red Bull Music Academy Goes to London
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The Red Bull Music Academy just wrapped its 10-year anniversary event in Barcelona, Spain, but the organizers of the globetrotting music event/workshop are already gearing up for the next edition, and have announced London as the destination for RBMA 2010.
The multi-day event will take place from February 7 to March 12 of that year, but those dates aren't as far away as you may think. The application process kicks off on May 11, 2009, so anyone wanting to learn more about music gear and DJing, talk shop about tunes, and guzzle large quantities of the famous energy drink should get those demo CDs—which can be original productions, songs or DJ sets—in the works. Successful applicants will be flown to London at the time of the next RBMA to participate.
More details to follow soon. Here's a little inspiration to get those demos started.
Pictured: Studio engineer Russ Elevado giving a talk on analog recording at RBMA Barcelona.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player