XLR8R TV's Exclusive New Track Series
- Words: Lupe Quane
As part of a new XLR8R TV series called "Tune In An Afternoon," XLR8R challenged anticon. artists Jel and Odd Nosdam to collaborate and produce an exclusive track. The catch: it had to be done in a single afternoon, using samples culled from $40 worth of records bought at Nosdam's local junk shop in Berkeley, CA.
The episode follows the two producers, from the shopping spree through the track's creation process, and finally winds up at their local bar, where they premiere the completed song at their regular DJ night. The track, also titled "Tune In the Afternoon," is a beat-heavy breeze—hazy, psychedelic, and totally reflective of the sunny West Berkeley afternoon during which it was created.
"Tune In An Afternoon" is a new ongoing XLR8R TV series that pairs two musicians together and tests their collaborative and creative mettle by putting varying limitations on them (budget, time, genre, etc). The resulting track from each episode will be available as an exclusive, downloadable MP3.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player