Muxtape was shut down by the industry back in August, but that hasn't deterred site founder Justin Oulette's enthusiasm for music, the web, and the evolution of the two. Besides the lengthy post he left on the Muxtape site in September, he's also featured on WePC TV's first episode of "I Want My MP3," a new series in which show hosts sit down with creative brains to discuss music and technology. Read more »
“Juicy Juice” is a chewy track off of Zion-I’s upcoming 2009 release, The Takeover. For the video, DJ Amp Live and Zumbi get into shape (via raw eggs, jump rope and rigorous dog-walking) and take their results to court – the basketball court. Here, the Oakland duo sinks countless shots, despite tough opposition, and leads their frenzied fans in a round of dope coordinated dance moves. Lulu McAllister Read more »
In the spring, the Berlin-based Jay Haze released the first installment of his album, Love & Beyond, an offering of mostly splintered techno and house sounds. The second installment, a free summer download, focused on R&B grooves. Now with the all-instrumental third section up, the trilogy is finally complete.
Read more »
Mars Volta writer/producer/guitarist Omar Rodriguez Lopez is set to release his latest solo album, Old Money, on Stones Throw Records. Loosely based on the concept of “exploitative industrialists” and “their old money,” the 10-track album is already available digitally, while the physical version drops on January 27th of next year. Read more »
With a quick October tour now wrapped, Asobi Seksu has unveiled the name and tracklisting of their aforementioned third album. Hush is said to be a more stripped down affair than the band's reverb-drenched Citrus, and the new album was apparently not without its frustrations during the creative process. Read more »
The Cut Copy boys did some serious touring this year in support of their In Ghost Colours release on Modular, but one long tour with the Presets and several dates in Europe, it seems, won't deter the duo from hitting the road again in early 2009. This will be the last time they trek North America in support of the new album. An "awesome light show" and surprise DJ are promised for the dates.
Post tour, they'll head back to the studio, laptops in hand.
03/06 AUSTIN, TX - Stubb's BBQ
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player