Kids nationwide may be enamored of the recent wave of new psych bands–the spacious drone of Sunn 0))), the noodling, mathy sounds of Battles, and the ethereal pop of Grizzly Bear–but Anthology Recordings, a digital reissue label consistently offering praiseworthy releases, is here to ensure a refreshing dose of psych-ancestry will also reach the ears of the youth. Here are a few forthcoming gems from the label’s digital-reissue vault.Read more »
Out of Everything But the Girl’s shadow, songstress Tracey Thorn has risen to craft an electro-pop gem, with music vet Ewan Pearson at the production helm. We ain’t lyin'. Like EBTG records, Out of the Woods mirrors the downtempo pop that Thorn and husband/producer Ben Watt became infamous for, but Pearson’s minimalist production makes this solo debut a long-player that works just as well on the dancefloor as it does on adult contemporary radio (in a good way).
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player