Ableton Takes Live 8 on Tour
- Words: Maverick Newberry
We reported earlier this month that Ableton is currently touting a new version of its Live software to the masses, in the form of Live 8. Appropriately then, the Germany-based company has teamed up with DJ/production institute DubSpot for an eight-date educational tour that should satiate the appetites of those eager to learn every nook and cranny of the music-making software (and catch some noteworthy performances at the same time).
The tour kicks off May 7 in San Francisco, where DubSpot instructor Jon Margulies will be joined by music supervisor Barry Cole, Universal Music's Dub Gabriel, avant-garde electronic musician Christopher Willits, and others. The crew will lead a series of interactive workshops in the daytime and live performances at night, with a closing night party on May 10 at longtime S.F. party Dub Mission.
Tickets for the weekend are currently going for $225, and $125 for a single day pass. The DubSpot, website is currently packed with information on schedules, participating artists, and more.
Stay tuned for Live 8 stops in Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Boston, and other cities.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player