Ableton Takes Live 8 on Tour
- Words: Maverick Newberry
We reported earlier this month that Ableton is currently touting a new version of its Live software to the masses, in the form of Live 8. Appropriately then, the Germany-based company has teamed up with DJ/production institute DubSpot for an eight-date educational tour that should satiate the appetites of those eager to learn every nook and cranny of the music-making software (and catch some noteworthy performances at the same time).
The tour kicks off May 7 in San Francisco, where DubSpot instructor Jon Margulies will be joined by music supervisor Barry Cole, Universal Music's Dub Gabriel, avant-garde electronic musician Christopher Willits, and others. The crew will lead a series of interactive workshops in the daytime and live performances at night, with a closing night party on May 10 at longtime S.F. party Dub Mission.
Tickets for the weekend are currently going for $225, and $125 for a single day pass. The DubSpot, website is currently packed with information on schedules, participating artists, and more.
Stay tuned for Live 8 stops in Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Boston, and other cities.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player