Artist to Watch: Kassem Mosse
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Who: Kassem Mosse
Where: Leipzig, Germany
Claiming to live “in a nighttime world somewhere on the edge of time,” Kassem Mosse is no stranger to the nether regions of ambient techno. Through a series of celebrated singles on Mikrodisko and Workshop, Mosse has carved out a unique time-warped sound that many have tagged as too slow for traditional techno but too sparse for house. His solo work has drawn comparisons to everyone from Theo Parrish to Basic Channel, but Mosse explores the ambient portion of the musical spectrum with Chilling to Do, an improvised project with fellow Mikrodisko artist Mix Mup.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player