Ellen Allien Unveils New Fashion Lines
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Techno's First Lady, Ellen Allien, is taking a break from the 10th anniversary festivities of her BPitch Control imprint to promote two new lines in her ongoing fashion collection.
As is the case with previous collections, the new main line—for women only—is all about sleek lines and minimal design (not unlike the music Allien produces) in the form of jersey tank-tops, short dresses, and a very sexy catsuit not just anyone will be able to pull off (above).
Her sideline project, Quartett, takes its design inspiration from the good old-fashioned playing card, confining the color scheme to black, white, and red, and, again, maintaining an unabashedly no-frills aesthetic.
Both collections are available now via Allien's fashion site.
In other BPitch Control news, the label is currently celebrating its 10th anniversary and has a series of parties planned in honor of the occasion, including one at this year’s Sonar Festival in Barcelona. Catch Sascha Funke, Moderat, Paul Kalkbrenner, and Allien herself at one of these European dates:
05/20 Leipzig, Germany - Distillery
05/30 Eindhoven, Netherlands - Effenaar
06/06 Munich, Germany - Registratur
06/20 Barcelona, Spain - Sonar
07/18 Gräfenhainichen, Germany - Melt! Festival
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player