MUTEK 2009 Full Lineup Announced
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The initial lineup that MUTEK announced last month for its 2009 Montreal festival looked promising enough, but we're two clicks away from hitting the "purchase" button on Expedia after getting wind of the finalized artist roster for this year's festivities.
Five days—May 27 to May 31—will see numerous performances, both musical and multimedia, taking place in various locations around Montreal, including an experimental jazz showcase, a 90-minute audio-visual trip through the Black Forest of Southern Germany, a showcase of Jamaican roots reggae and dub, and, of course, performances galore by electronic music artists from all corners of the globe.
MUTEK has an extensive description of the multi-day program at its site, along with the full lineup, which now includes Ricardo Villalobos, Moderat, Ghislain Poirier, Zombie Zombie, Thomas Fehlmann, Deadbeat, Apparat, and plenty more. And given that this year also marks the festival’s 10-year anniversary, more surprises are likely in store for festivalgoers.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player