MUTEK 2009 Full Lineup Announced
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The initial lineup that MUTEK announced last month for its 2009 Montreal festival looked promising enough, but we're two clicks away from hitting the "purchase" button on Expedia after getting wind of the finalized artist roster for this year's festivities.
Five days—May 27 to May 31—will see numerous performances, both musical and multimedia, taking place in various locations around Montreal, including an experimental jazz showcase, a 90-minute audio-visual trip through the Black Forest of Southern Germany, a showcase of Jamaican roots reggae and dub, and, of course, performances galore by electronic music artists from all corners of the globe.
MUTEK has an extensive description of the multi-day program at its site, along with the full lineup, which now includes Ricardo Villalobos, Moderat, Ghislain Poirier, Zombie Zombie, Thomas Fehlmann, Deadbeat, Apparat, and plenty more. And given that this year also marks the festival’s 10-year anniversary, more surprises are likely in store for festivalgoers.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player