MUTEK 2009 Full Lineup Announced
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The initial lineup that MUTEK announced last month for its 2009 Montreal festival looked promising enough, but we're two clicks away from hitting the "purchase" button on Expedia after getting wind of the finalized artist roster for this year's festivities.
Five days—May 27 to May 31—will see numerous performances, both musical and multimedia, taking place in various locations around Montreal, including an experimental jazz showcase, a 90-minute audio-visual trip through the Black Forest of Southern Germany, a showcase of Jamaican roots reggae and dub, and, of course, performances galore by electronic music artists from all corners of the globe.
MUTEK has an extensive description of the multi-day program at its site, along with the full lineup, which now includes Ricardo Villalobos, Moderat, Ghislain Poirier, Zombie Zombie, Thomas Fehlmann, Deadbeat, Apparat, and plenty more. And given that this year also marks the festival’s 10-year anniversary, more surprises are likely in store for festivalgoers.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player