MUTEK 2009 Full Lineup Announced
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The initial lineup that MUTEK announced last month for its 2009 Montreal festival looked promising enough, but we're two clicks away from hitting the "purchase" button on Expedia after getting wind of the finalized artist roster for this year's festivities.
Five days—May 27 to May 31—will see numerous performances, both musical and multimedia, taking place in various locations around Montreal, including an experimental jazz showcase, a 90-minute audio-visual trip through the Black Forest of Southern Germany, a showcase of Jamaican roots reggae and dub, and, of course, performances galore by electronic music artists from all corners of the globe.
MUTEK has an extensive description of the multi-day program at its site, along with the full lineup, which now includes Ricardo Villalobos, Moderat, Ghislain Poirier, Zombie Zombie, Thomas Fehlmann, Deadbeat, Apparat, and plenty more. And given that this year also marks the festival’s 10-year anniversary, more surprises are likely in store for festivalgoers.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player