Richie Hawtin Develops Twitter App, Tours
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Whether it’s global warming or social networking, Richie Hawtin always seems to be at the forefront of a movement. This time, the Minus Records boss' latest news-making endeavor has a little something to do with Twitter.
Berlin-based Hawtin recently began a European tour, armed, according to a press release, with a Twitter-enabled TRAKTOR setup that will display set tracklists in real-time during a performance.
The application was custom-developed by the Minus crew. Song data is fed through Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR software and then appears online, via Hawtin's Twitter page, so fans can follow the tracklisting of any given performance. A quick peek at the page seems to indicate the application is as straightforward as it sounds, boasting a list of artists and tracks from the likes of Maurizio Benedetta, Marc Houle, JPLS, and others, which Hawtin apparently played at a Rotterdam gig several hours ago.
05/01 Frankfurt, Germany - Cocoon Club
05/02 Düsseldorf, Germany - Tribehouse
05/16 Toulouse, France - Inox Electronic Club
05/31 Paris, France - Grande Halle de La Villette
06/07 Berlin, Germany - TBA
06/10 Novi Sad, Serbia - Exit
06/11 Kiev, Russia - Global Gathering
06/12 Budapest, Hungary - Balaton Sound
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player