Richie Hawtin Develops Twitter App, Tours
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Whether it’s global warming or social networking, Richie Hawtin always seems to be at the forefront of a movement. This time, the Minus Records boss' latest news-making endeavor has a little something to do with Twitter.
Berlin-based Hawtin recently began a European tour, armed, according to a press release, with a Twitter-enabled TRAKTOR setup that will display set tracklists in real-time during a performance.
The application was custom-developed by the Minus crew. Song data is fed through Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR software and then appears online, via Hawtin's Twitter page, so fans can follow the tracklisting of any given performance. A quick peek at the page seems to indicate the application is as straightforward as it sounds, boasting a list of artists and tracks from the likes of Maurizio Benedetta, Marc Houle, JPLS, and others, which Hawtin apparently played at a Rotterdam gig several hours ago.
05/01 Frankfurt, Germany - Cocoon Club
05/02 Düsseldorf, Germany - Tribehouse
05/16 Toulouse, France - Inox Electronic Club
05/31 Paris, France - Grande Halle de La Villette
06/07 Berlin, Germany - TBA
06/10 Novi Sad, Serbia - Exit
06/11 Kiev, Russia - Global Gathering
06/12 Budapest, Hungary - Balaton Sound
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player