Richie Hawtin Develops Twitter App, Tours
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Whether it’s global warming or social networking, Richie Hawtin always seems to be at the forefront of a movement. This time, the Minus Records boss' latest news-making endeavor has a little something to do with Twitter.
Berlin-based Hawtin recently began a European tour, armed, according to a press release, with a Twitter-enabled TRAKTOR setup that will display set tracklists in real-time during a performance.
The application was custom-developed by the Minus crew. Song data is fed through Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR software and then appears online, via Hawtin's Twitter page, so fans can follow the tracklisting of any given performance. A quick peek at the page seems to indicate the application is as straightforward as it sounds, boasting a list of artists and tracks from the likes of Maurizio Benedetta, Marc Houle, JPLS, and others, which Hawtin apparently played at a Rotterdam gig several hours ago.
05/01 Frankfurt, Germany - Cocoon Club
05/02 Düsseldorf, Germany - Tribehouse
05/16 Toulouse, France - Inox Electronic Club
05/31 Paris, France - Grande Halle de La Villette
06/07 Berlin, Germany - TBA
06/10 Novi Sad, Serbia - Exit
06/11 Kiev, Russia - Global Gathering
06/12 Budapest, Hungary - Balaton Sound
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player