Treasure Island Festival Dates Announced
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Still a relative newcomer in the world of festivals, the Bay Area's Treasure Island Music Festival is now planning for a third year of its two-day music extravaganza, with 2009 dates set for October 17 and 18. The event will, as it does every year, take place on that man-made island halfway between San Francisco and the East Bay.
Once again the Noise Pop crew takes the reins on this one, alongside Bay Area-based concert producers Another Planet Entertainment. Anyone attending last year will recall the ferris wheel smack in the middle of the two outdoor stages, performances from Hot Chip, Goldfrapp, Mike Realm, Foals, CSS, TV on the Radio, and Justice, and abnormally tasty, reasonably priced food for sale. Noise Pop is promising that this edition of the festival will be "the best yet," so stay tuned for lineup and ticket information, which will be announced in early summer.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player