Treasure Island Festival Dates Announced
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Still a relative newcomer in the world of festivals, the Bay Area's Treasure Island Music Festival is now planning for a third year of its two-day music extravaganza, with 2009 dates set for October 17 and 18. The event will, as it does every year, take place on that man-made island halfway between San Francisco and the East Bay.
Once again the Noise Pop crew takes the reins on this one, alongside Bay Area-based concert producers Another Planet Entertainment. Anyone attending last year will recall the ferris wheel smack in the middle of the two outdoor stages, performances from Hot Chip, Goldfrapp, Mike Realm, Foals, CSS, TV on the Radio, and Justice, and abnormally tasty, reasonably priced food for sale. Noise Pop is promising that this edition of the festival will be "the best yet," so stay tuned for lineup and ticket information, which will be announced in early summer.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player