Artist to Watch: Raffertie
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Where: Birmingham, U.K.
Armed with a giant hairdo and some seriously wicked beats, this 21-year-old upstart has burst onto the U.K. wonky scene with a series of bass-heavy tracks and bootleg remixes. Born Benjamin Stefanski, and often recognized by the mysterious pair of scissors he uses as a logo, Raffertie has won over the bassline and dubstep crowd (not to mention BBC radio queen Mary Anne Hobbs) with low-end smashers like “Wobble Horror!” and “Antisocial,” a buzzing, chipmunk-voiced anthem-in-the-making on Starkey’s Seclusiasis label. His efforts have not gone unnoticed, as the boy has been tapped for official remixes of everyone from Trevor Loveys and AC Slater to Franz Ferdinand.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player