DC Collaborates with Sixpack France
- Words: Lulu McAllister
DC was founded by Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993. Since then, the company has expanded to include a wide range of active wear and lifestyle shoes, as well as piled on numerous professional skateboarders, snowboarders, surfers, BMX, motocross, and rally athletes to its team of admiring spokespersons. The Double Label™ Project series began in 2001, as a way for the company to reach out to various creative members of the skateboarding community.
Enter Sixpack. With a hand in the graffiti world and some indie-rock, pop, and electronic influences thrown in, Sixpack started in 1998 as a small storefront housing a creative effort among friends. The DC x Sixplack Double Label collection—nicknamed “Non Merci”—will feature men’s premium footwear and apparel that draws inspiration from concepts that “cross political borders” and “embrace impossible love.” This collaboration is the first of many that will run for several seasons. Look for it July 1, 2009 at DC flagship stores and select boutiques worldwide.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Surgeon, Jackmaster, John Talabot, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player