DC Collaborates with Sixpack France
- Words: Lulu McAllister
DC was founded by Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993. Since then, the company has expanded to include a wide range of active wear and lifestyle shoes, as well as piled on numerous professional skateboarders, snowboarders, surfers, BMX, motocross, and rally athletes to its team of admiring spokespersons. The Double Label™ Project series began in 2001, as a way for the company to reach out to various creative members of the skateboarding community.
Enter Sixpack. With a hand in the graffiti world and some indie-rock, pop, and electronic influences thrown in, Sixpack started in 1998 as a small storefront housing a creative effort among friends. The DC x Sixplack Double Label collection—nicknamed “Non Merci”—will feature men’s premium footwear and apparel that draws inspiration from concepts that “cross political borders” and “embrace impossible love.” This collaboration is the first of many that will run for several seasons. Look for it July 1, 2009 at DC flagship stores and select boutiques worldwide.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player