Dopplereffekt to Play Rare U.S. Shows
- Words: Jennifer Marston
If any artist or band can claim the word "elusive" as a descriptor, it's Detroit's Dopplereffekt. The four-man outfit has been crafting its electronic music since 1995, but members still hide behind their German pseudonyms, rarely perform live, and there are no known interviews with the band (although it does have a MySpace page).
Even so, car company Scion managed to wrangle these mysterious boys out of the shadows and convince them to play a few live dates this month, in conjunction with Volume 24 of the Scion CD Sampler series, which was mixed by the Discobelle crew.
Tonight’s Miami show marks Dopplereffekt’s U.S. debut. Best to RSVP for entry.
The Discobelle DJs will join the band for support. All shows are free with RSVP.
05/13 Miami, FL - White Room *
05/16 New York, NY – Le Posson Rouge
05/20 Hollywood, CA - The Roxy ^
05/21 Austin, TX - Beauty Bar †
* = Scion House Party w/ Otto Vono Schirach, Danny Daze, Uprokk, Discobelle DJs
^ = Scion House Party w/ Nadastrom and Discobelle DJs
† = Scion House Party w/ Markus and Discobelle DJs
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player