Eyedea & Abilities Announce New Album
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Few words and almost no music has been heard from MC Eyedea and his production partner-in-crime Abilities since 2004, when E & A was released on Epitaph. Five years and a move to Rhymesayers later, the Minneapolis-based duo is ready to break its extended silence with a new album, By the Throat, out July 21.
The new Eyedea & Ablities effort finds the duo branching out sound-wise, following the recent trend of less-boom-bap-more-guitar-riffs that keeps cropping up in hip-hop releases these days. A little melodic songwriting has also been promised, in addition to the usual hard-hitting beats and lyrics we've come to expect from these two.
Prior to the album's release, the duo will join this year's Rock the Bells tour, which kicks off in Chicago and continues through the beginning of August.
06/27 Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
06/28 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
07/05 Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheater
07/12 Washington DC - Merriweather Post Pavilion
07/18 Boston, MA - Comcast Center |
07/19 New York, NY - Jones Beach Amphitheater
08/01 Vancouver, BC - Deer Lake Park
08/06 Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater
08/08 Los Angeles, CA - San Manuel Amphitheater
08/09 San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheater
Photo by Paul Winner.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player