Força Du Rua Makes Art, Raises Money
- Words: Jennifer Marston
On April 29, art and fundraising converged for A Força du Rua, an event that showcased the work of British and Brazilian graffiti stars and also raised £40,000 for the Action for Brazil's Children Trust (ABC Trust). Most of us weren't in London to make the event, but copies of the prints are still showing and selling, with proceeds going towards the ABC Trust.
Two limited-edition collaborative prints, one by Kid Acne and Calma, the other by Will Barras and Tinho, are currently going for £50 (plus tax). If you're one of those rare beings whose pockets are lined with cash these days, an additional 10 prints, from the likes of Karborn, Carlos Dios, Infinite Livez, and others, are priced between £100 and £200.
Above: A detail from the Will Barras and Tinho collaborative print.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player