Força Du Rua Makes Art, Raises Money
- Words: Jennifer Marston
On April 29, art and fundraising converged for A Força du Rua, an event that showcased the work of British and Brazilian graffiti stars and also raised £40,000 for the Action for Brazil's Children Trust (ABC Trust). Most of us weren't in London to make the event, but copies of the prints are still showing and selling, with proceeds going towards the ABC Trust.
Two limited-edition collaborative prints, one by Kid Acne and Calma, the other by Will Barras and Tinho, are currently going for £50 (plus tax). If you're one of those rare beings whose pockets are lined with cash these days, an additional 10 prints, from the likes of Karborn, Carlos Dios, Infinite Livez, and others, are priced between £100 and £200.
Above: A detail from the Will Barras and Tinho collaborative print.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player