Força Du Rua Makes Art, Raises Money
- Words: Jennifer Marston
On April 29, art and fundraising converged for A Força du Rua, an event that showcased the work of British and Brazilian graffiti stars and also raised £40,000 for the Action for Brazil's Children Trust (ABC Trust). Most of us weren't in London to make the event, but copies of the prints are still showing and selling, with proceeds going towards the ABC Trust.
Two limited-edition collaborative prints, one by Kid Acne and Calma, the other by Will Barras and Tinho, are currently going for £50 (plus tax). If you're one of those rare beings whose pockets are lined with cash these days, an additional 10 prints, from the likes of Karborn, Carlos Dios, Infinite Livez, and others, are priced between £100 and £200.
Above: A detail from the Will Barras and Tinho collaborative print.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player