Freshjive Takes on the Pentagon
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Summer 2009 will see L.A. lifestyle brand Freshjive dive into the world of politics with a set of t-shirts and caps inspired by the Pentagon Black Operation patches.
These patches—featured in I Could Tell You but Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me, a book by artist and writer Trevor Paglen—reveal secret imagery and lingo used in conjunction with top-secret Pentagon projects. Actual patches with these designs are worn by military personnel working on the top-secret missions. Paglen compiled and elaborated on them for his book, then Freshjive took the "operation" a step further with the new clothing line. Eerie, to say the least.
Items are available online right now.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player