Freshjive Takes on the Pentagon
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Summer 2009 will see L.A. lifestyle brand Freshjive dive into the world of politics with a set of t-shirts and caps inspired by the Pentagon Black Operation patches.
These patches—featured in I Could Tell You but Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me, a book by artist and writer Trevor Paglen—reveal secret imagery and lingo used in conjunction with top-secret Pentagon projects. Actual patches with these designs are worn by military personnel working on the top-secret missions. Paglen compiled and elaborated on them for his book, then Freshjive took the "operation" a step further with the new clothing line. Eerie, to say the least.
Items are available online right now.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player