Freshjive Takes on the Pentagon
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Summer 2009 will see L.A. lifestyle brand Freshjive dive into the world of politics with a set of t-shirts and caps inspired by the Pentagon Black Operation patches.
These patches—featured in I Could Tell You but Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me, a book by artist and writer Trevor Paglen—reveal secret imagery and lingo used in conjunction with top-secret Pentagon projects. Actual patches with these designs are worn by military personnel working on the top-secret missions. Paglen compiled and elaborated on them for his book, then Freshjive took the "operation" a step further with the new clothing line. Eerie, to say the least.
Items are available online right now.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player