Jay Haze to Help DR Congo
- Words: Jennifer Marston
He might be mixing the latest edition of the esteemed Fabric compilation series, but that's not necessarily what Jay Haze is talking about these days. The house and techno producer is planning a DJ tour around the world, with proceeds going towards relief efforts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Now, unless you've lived under a rock for 10 years, you'll know that political and social turmoil has plagued that country and turned it into a war zone filled with disease, starvation, and violence. Haze intends to donate 100% of the profits from Fabric 47 to relief organization Merlin, to which he'll also give 50% of the tour profits. Money goes towards health care, medicine, and treatment, as well as access to clean water for DR Congo's citizens.
Loco Dice, DJ Sneak, and Tiga have already agreed to join the tour and donate half their DJ fees to the cause. More are expected to join before the shows kick off in September.
Photo by Ragnar Schmuck.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player