Jay Haze to Help DR Congo
- Words: Jennifer Marston
He might be mixing the latest edition of the esteemed Fabric compilation series, but that's not necessarily what Jay Haze is talking about these days. The house and techno producer is planning a DJ tour around the world, with proceeds going towards relief efforts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Now, unless you've lived under a rock for 10 years, you'll know that political and social turmoil has plagued that country and turned it into a war zone filled with disease, starvation, and violence. Haze intends to donate 100% of the profits from Fabric 47 to relief organization Merlin, to which he'll also give 50% of the tour profits. Money goes towards health care, medicine, and treatment, as well as access to clean water for DR Congo's citizens.
Loco Dice, DJ Sneak, and Tiga have already agreed to join the tour and donate half their DJ fees to the cause. More are expected to join before the shows kick off in September.
Photo by Ragnar Schmuck.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player