Joakim Trades Monsters for Milky Ways
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The last time we checked in with Joakim Bouaziz, talk revolved around all things monster-related. 2009 finds the French producer less concerned with where the wild things are and more laid back as he prepares for the release of his third full-length, Milky Ways. Though no less ambitious (he apparently included every genre from electro to blues on the release), the new album finds Bouaziz sharper musically, having fine-tuned his live band, which he used throughout the recording process. "I'm addicted to music," he says. "I listen to a lot of very different things, and whenever I hear something interesting in a song I think, 'Let's try it, put it with something completely different and see what it does, like a mad scientist.'"
!K7 will release his experimental musings on September 15.
01 Back to Wilderness
02 Ad Me
03 Fly Like an Apple
05 Glossy Papers
07 Love & Romance & a Special Person
08 King Kong is Dead
09 Travel in Vain
10 Little Girl
Photo By Camille Henrot and Christophe McPherson Piedagnel.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- NewsPreview an Upcoming "Made for the Car" EP from Galcher Lustwerk
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player