Joakim Trades Monsters for Milky Ways
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The last time we checked in with Joakim Bouaziz, talk revolved around all things monster-related. 2009 finds the French producer less concerned with where the wild things are and more laid back as he prepares for the release of his third full-length, Milky Ways. Though no less ambitious (he apparently included every genre from electro to blues on the release), the new album finds Bouaziz sharper musically, having fine-tuned his live band, which he used throughout the recording process. "I'm addicted to music," he says. "I listen to a lot of very different things, and whenever I hear something interesting in a song I think, 'Let's try it, put it with something completely different and see what it does, like a mad scientist.'"
!K7 will release his experimental musings on September 15.
01 Back to Wilderness
02 Ad Me
03 Fly Like an Apple
05 Glossy Papers
07 Love & Romance & a Special Person
08 King Kong is Dead
09 Travel in Vain
10 Little Girl
Photo By Camille Henrot and Christophe McPherson Piedagnel.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player