Matthew Herbert: Pig Sounds
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Matthew Herbert—the man who, in the past, brought us songs made from food samples and a hyper-conceptual Iraq War protest record (as Radio Boy)—will return next year with a new offering entitled The Pig. Yes, it will be an album made entirely from pig noises, and in the hands of a lesser artist, skepticism would be allowed (nay, encouraged), but Herbert has proven himself, again and again, a producer able to massage a pleasing sound out of the strangest of items (including McDonald's hamburgers).
The Pig will be crafted from sounds made during the life cycle of a pig. "I will be there at its birth, during its life, present at its death, and during the butchery process," Herbert stated in a recent blog post.
The album is currently slated for a 2010 release via Accidental.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player