Matthew Herbert: Pig Sounds
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Matthew Herbert—the man who, in the past, brought us songs made from food samples and a hyper-conceptual Iraq War protest record (as Radio Boy)—will return next year with a new offering entitled The Pig. Yes, it will be an album made entirely from pig noises, and in the hands of a lesser artist, skepticism would be allowed (nay, encouraged), but Herbert has proven himself, again and again, a producer able to massage a pleasing sound out of the strangest of items (including McDonald's hamburgers).
The Pig will be crafted from sounds made during the life cycle of a pig. "I will be there at its birth, during its life, present at its death, and during the butchery process," Herbert stated in a recent blog post.
The album is currently slated for a 2010 release via Accidental.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player