Matthew Herbert: Pig Sounds
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Matthew Herbert—the man who, in the past, brought us songs made from food samples and a hyper-conceptual Iraq War protest record (as Radio Boy)—will return next year with a new offering entitled The Pig. Yes, it will be an album made entirely from pig noises, and in the hands of a lesser artist, skepticism would be allowed (nay, encouraged), but Herbert has proven himself, again and again, a producer able to massage a pleasing sound out of the strangest of items (including McDonald's hamburgers).
The Pig will be crafted from sounds made during the life cycle of a pig. "I will be there at its birth, during its life, present at its death, and during the butchery process," Herbert stated in a recent blog post.
The album is currently slated for a 2010 release via Accidental.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player