Matthew Herbert: Pig Sounds
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Matthew Herbert—the man who, in the past, brought us songs made from food samples and a hyper-conceptual Iraq War protest record (as Radio Boy)—will return next year with a new offering entitled The Pig. Yes, it will be an album made entirely from pig noises, and in the hands of a lesser artist, skepticism would be allowed (nay, encouraged), but Herbert has proven himself, again and again, a producer able to massage a pleasing sound out of the strangest of items (including McDonald's hamburgers).
The Pig will be crafted from sounds made during the life cycle of a pig. "I will be there at its birth, during its life, present at its death, and during the butchery process," Herbert stated in a recent blog post.
The album is currently slated for a 2010 release via Accidental.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player