Scion Launches BPM Counter App
This week's must-have digital goodie was tailor-made for those DJ-minded individuals who also own iPhones (or the iPod Touch), as it's one of the latest arrivals to the iPhone app store. Scion Radio's 17 BPM Meter application automatically calculates any given song's BPM as the user taps the phone/pod screen in time to the rhythm (see below). The app then records the song's BPM and sends it to the user, who can create playlists by genre to send to oneself and others, for use in the planning of live sets and recorded mixes.
Additionally, the app also has a news ticker that keeps users up-to-date on new Scion Radio features (including XLR8R's monthly program).
Download the Scion 17 BPM Meter app for free right now.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player