Traxx Reveals His FAITH
- Words: Chris Sabbath
Melvin Oliphant III (a.k.a. Traxx) is most definitely a freak for the Jakbeat, and we assume you’ll be in the same boat after absorbing the first few cuts off his latest album, FAITH. Issued via his own Nation imprint, the record is his first full-length under the Traxx alias and finds him once again collaborating with longtime partner-in-crime Tadd Mullinix (a.k.a. James T. Cotton, Dabrye), as well as with Clone’s electro diva Nancy Fortune. The album—which Nation first will unveil in a limited-edition (500 copies) 12” format—reflects Oliphant’s spiritual roots and church background, while also rounding up elements of Chicago house, dark-core electronics, and jack. Suffice to say, we have faith this will be Oliphant’s best offering yet.
FAITH is out July 14 as vinyl and September 1 in CD and digital formats.
02 Violet Epoch
03 Parametric Melody
04 A Heart Alone
05 Cosmic ZigZag
06 Down 2 House
07 My Soul” Feat. Nancy Fortune
09 Body Control
10 XTC for Love Feat. James T. Cotton
11 Outro Essence
Stream: "Parametric Melody"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player