Traxx Reveals His FAITH
- Words: Chris Sabbath
Melvin Oliphant III (a.k.a. Traxx) is most definitely a freak for the Jakbeat, and we assume you’ll be in the same boat after absorbing the first few cuts off his latest album, FAITH. Issued via his own Nation imprint, the record is his first full-length under the Traxx alias and finds him once again collaborating with longtime partner-in-crime Tadd Mullinix (a.k.a. James T. Cotton, Dabrye), as well as with Clone’s electro diva Nancy Fortune. The album—which Nation first will unveil in a limited-edition (500 copies) 12” format—reflects Oliphant’s spiritual roots and church background, while also rounding up elements of Chicago house, dark-core electronics, and jack. Suffice to say, we have faith this will be Oliphant’s best offering yet.
FAITH is out July 14 as vinyl and September 1 in CD and digital formats.
02 Violet Epoch
03 Parametric Melody
04 A Heart Alone
05 Cosmic ZigZag
06 Down 2 House
07 My Soul” Feat. Nancy Fortune
09 Body Control
10 XTC for Love Feat. James T. Cotton
11 Outro Essence
Stream: "Parametric Melody"
- FeatureHi-Five: Juju & Jordash Select Their Favorite Jazz Tracks
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsTechnics to Launch High-Resolution Download Store
- NewsNina Kraviz Details First трип Label Release; Preview It Now
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player