Chromeo to Mix Next DJ-Kicks Comp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Montreal-New York '80s R&B revivalists Chromeo have been chosen as next in line to helm the decks for !K7's first DJ-KiCKS release in two years. Joining such company as Kruder & Dorfmeister, Playgroup, Tiga, Erlend Oye, and Hot Chip, the duo has crafted a set bursting with the robo-funk basslines, plastic handclaps, smooth string sections, and sweet, '80s pop synths. The mix isn't only a trip down memory lane, however. Tracks from contemporary artists Lifelike and Chateau Marmont, along with Chromeo's exclusive rendition of the classic Eagles song "I Can't Tell You Why," are also found throughout the release. More information on the mix and a download of Chromeo's Eagles cover can be found here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player