Chromeo to Mix Next DJ-Kicks Comp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Montreal-New York '80s R&B revivalists Chromeo have been chosen as next in line to helm the decks for !K7's first DJ-KiCKS release in two years. Joining such company as Kruder & Dorfmeister, Playgroup, Tiga, Erlend Oye, and Hot Chip, the duo has crafted a set bursting with the robo-funk basslines, plastic handclaps, smooth string sections, and sweet, '80s pop synths. The mix isn't only a trip down memory lane, however. Tracks from contemporary artists Lifelike and Chateau Marmont, along with Chromeo's exclusive rendition of the classic Eagles song "I Can't Tell You Why," are also found throughout the release. More information on the mix and a download of Chromeo's Eagles cover can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player