Exclusive: Kid Koala Unveils The Slew
- Words: Ken Taylor
Exclusive XLR8R news comin' atcha! A couple years ago, turntablist extraordinaire Kid Koala (a.k.a. Eric San) and his friend Dynomite D (a.k.a. Dylan Frombach) were assigned the task of soundtracking a documentary. Said film never saw the light of day, but its music—at the urging, and with the assistance, of Wolfmother's old rhythm section—is about to. Ex-Wolf-members Chris Ross and Myles Heskett are now set to join Koala on tour as they present The Slew, and they'll unveil their very special set-up in the cities below. Working with live drums, bass, keys, and six turntables, the group is going to deliver 70-minute sets of raw guitar and some of the dopest manipulated beats you've heard all year. (In fact, you can check out one of the fine samplings from this tour here.) This is a one-off tour, so consider yourself warned—if you miss this one, well, you're S.O.L.
9/23 VANCOUVER, BC, Commodore
9/24 SEATTLE, WA, Nectar
9/25 SAN FRANCISCO, CA, Independent
9/27 LOS ANGELES, CA, Key Club
9/30 BROOKLYN, NY, Music Hall of Williamsburg
10/1 BOSTON, MA, Great Scott
10/2 MONTREAL, QC, La Tulipe
10/3 TORONTO, ON, Lee's Palace
10/4 CHICAGO, IL, Abbey
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player