Merge Records Releases History Book
- Words: Patric Fallon
Merge, one of the world's most enduring independent record labels, and which has brought us classic albums from the likes of Superchunk, Neutral Milk Hotel, and The Magnetic Fields, has put a book together to tell you all about the journey. Our Noise: The Story of Merge Records, which arrives this September, chronicles the many tales of Merge from the label's inception in 1989 throughout their 20 years of releasing stone-cold indie-rock classics. If this sounds way too awesome to wait for, the Merge crew has built a website so you can have a sneak peak into what the book will offer. And when you're sold on it, you can pre-order here.
pictured Magnetic Fields
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player