Merge Records Releases History Book
- Words: Patric Fallon
Merge, one of the world's most enduring independent record labels, and which has brought us classic albums from the likes of Superchunk, Neutral Milk Hotel, and The Magnetic Fields, has put a book together to tell you all about the journey. Our Noise: The Story of Merge Records, which arrives this September, chronicles the many tales of Merge from the label's inception in 1989 throughout their 20 years of releasing stone-cold indie-rock classics. If this sounds way too awesome to wait for, the Merge crew has built a website so you can have a sneak peak into what the book will offer. And when you're sold on it, you can pre-order here.
pictured Magnetic Fields
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player