Merge Records Releases History Book
- Words: Patric Fallon
Merge, one of the world's most enduring independent record labels, and which has brought us classic albums from the likes of Superchunk, Neutral Milk Hotel, and The Magnetic Fields, has put a book together to tell you all about the journey. Our Noise: The Story of Merge Records, which arrives this September, chronicles the many tales of Merge from the label's inception in 1989 throughout their 20 years of releasing stone-cold indie-rock classics. If this sounds way too awesome to wait for, the Merge crew has built a website so you can have a sneak peak into what the book will offer. And when you're sold on it, you can pre-order here.
pictured Magnetic Fields
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player