Mum Announces New Album Details
- Words: Patric Fallon
Music fans should be constantly thanking their lucky stars that Iceland exists. Between the religious experience of Sigur Ros' made-up language, the timeless vocal workouts of Björk, and the groundbreaking dance sounds of GusGus, the island country has given us plenty to get psyched about—so get ready for more. The soft-spoken and atmospheric múm is set to release it's fifth proper record, Sing Along to Songs You Don't Know, this September via Morr Music/Euphono, and it comes two years in the making. The album's press release describes the work as a "more relaxed and quietly sad" album—a description fitting of the band's entire career. And the tracklisting looks just as sweetly strange as múm themselves.
1. If I Were a Fish
2. Sing Along
3. Prophecies and Reversed Memories
4. A River Don't Stop to Breathe
5. The Smell of Today is Sweet Like Breastmilk in the Wind
6. Show Me
8. Blow Your Nose
10. The Last Shapes of Never
12. Ladies of the New Century
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player