This weekend Detroit techno legend Carl Craig takes his Demon Days party to San Francisco for the first time. Over the last couple years the event series has taken him to New York, Chicago, and other U.S. cities, in between the many other show dates, remixes, and DJ mixes that keep him busy.Read more »
Jamie Reynolds, Simon Taylor, and James Righton (a.k.a. Klaxons) are on the verge of showing their stateside fan base that they’re more than the tip of an ambiguous iceberg dubbed new rave by releasing their full-length, Myths of the Near Future. But given that every year the British seem to have a new musical darling, there’s plenty to prove. Perhaps the most important thing is that they are more than a beacon for the new rave amalgam.
Peepshow's latest arrival showcases the work of James Christopher Kendi, whose last seven years of photography cover, in his words, "comedy, tragedy, friends, and music." In a less abstract terminology that means he's snapped everyone from buddies, to Ratatat and Devendra Banhart, to male models posing in fake underwear campaigns.
See Kendi's work now, exclusively at Peepshow.
Artist's statement: "These photos were taken within the last seven years. They represent various interests–comedy, tragedy, love, friends, music. They’re shot for different reasons–some records of persons, and others recording something more. It’s important to laugh at yourself. Many of the pictures are visual jokes."
James Christopher Kendi holds a BFA from Bard College. Visit his website for information on upcoming shows.
Read more »
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player