S.F. Triple Base Gallery Hosts Show, Walk
- Words: Chris Sabbath
San Francisco's Triple Base Gallery has an installation coming up just around the bend that might be worth checking out if you're strolling along 24th Street in the Mission District neighborhood. Curated by S.F.-based artist Michelle Blade, Involved, Socially is a group exhibition of foil-wrapped letters, photography, and video montages that examines how an artist may be informed by a parallel social practice. David Horvitz, a New York photographer who has collaborated with artists like B.A.R.R., High Places, and Xiu Xiu in the past, is one of five artists featured, and will organize a walk through the streets of San Francisco starting at dusk on August 21 until the dawn of August 22. Those interested in participating can meet at the Triple Base headquarters (3041 24th St., S.F., CA) around sunset to depart at 8 p.m. The opening reception is August 7 from 7-10 p.m. and runs through September 6.
pictured David Horvitz
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player