S.F. Triple Base Gallery Hosts Show, Walk
- Words: Chris Sabbath
San Francisco's Triple Base Gallery has an installation coming up just around the bend that might be worth checking out if you're strolling along 24th Street in the Mission District neighborhood. Curated by S.F.-based artist Michelle Blade, Involved, Socially is a group exhibition of foil-wrapped letters, photography, and video montages that examines how an artist may be informed by a parallel social practice. David Horvitz, a New York photographer who has collaborated with artists like B.A.R.R., High Places, and Xiu Xiu in the past, is one of five artists featured, and will organize a walk through the streets of San Francisco starting at dusk on August 21 until the dawn of August 22. Those interested in participating can meet at the Triple Base headquarters (3041 24th St., S.F., CA) around sunset to depart at 8 p.m. The opening reception is August 7 from 7-10 p.m. and runs through September 6.
pictured David Horvitz
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player