Minus Begins Arts Initiative
- Words: Thomas Rees
Richie Hawtin just keeps adding new artistic elements to the Minus roster, and with the Minus-Embed project, he's invited outside talent into the mix. The principle is that Hawtin "will invite creative individuals to become an ‘embedded’ participant on a weekend excursion with him in order to catalogue, document, and respond to the event using their specific artistic talents." The results will be posted on the Minus site, and as an open-ended project, there are no deadlines or limits as to what can be created. Simply email Minus with a small portfolio of your work and a proposal, and you might just get the chance to document a label outing soon! In the meantime, check out the first Minus-Embed project, architectural-reflex, on the initiative's website.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player