Overlap/Ghostly Release Chris McNamara
- Words: Thomas Rees
Ghostly International and Christopher Willits' Overlap imprint are ganging together for their first collaborative release, a lovely slice of ambient music from Michigan/Ontario-based artist Chris McNamara. Vague Cities is a five-track album that recalls Brian Eno, bvdub's more ambient moments, and even a bit of the Chain Reaction catalog. In keeping with Overlap's experimental mission, the record has been described as a sonic evocation of "snowy Detroit winters or watching a person's daily experience with public transportation slowed down to a more manageable pace," and this description certainly fits. With a long resume behind him, including exhibitions in Rotterdam, London, and elsewhere, McNamara's status will be heightened even more with Vague Cities.
Vague Cities comes out on October 6.
03 Sleeping Car/Shunting Yard
04 et puis
05 Subsandtaxis (Markus Guentner rmx)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player