Tauba Auerbach and Glasser at Deitch
- Words: Ken Taylor
One of our absolute favorite Vis-Ed artists, Tauba Auerbach, opens her Here and Now/and Nowhere show this Thursday at NYC's Deitch Projects. Auerbach is known for her inventive twists on typefaces, creating magical new languages from English's 26 known characters. Here and Now/and Nowhere, however, will feature more than just letter paintings and drawings; Auerbach will also be showcasing three-dimensional crumple paintings and fold paintings, as well as static photographs, and the show's central piece, Auerglass, a two-person pump-organ collaboration with L.A. singer Glasser, in which the pair will perform songs that Auerbach wrote as a child, as well as Glasser's own music. The Auerglass performance at 7 p.m. precedes a full-on Glasser show at 8 p.m. Here and Now/and Nowhere runs until October 17.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player