XLR8R's Unofficial Aoki Remix Contest
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Last week, L.A. celebrity partyboy, candy-colored headphones enthusiast, and Benihana progeny Steve Aoki unveiled the video for "I'm in the House," his debut single as a solo "artist." Mr. Dim Mak has been quoted as saying that the single "jumps into your party pants and will make you dance dance dance."
While the claim is up for debate, the clip certainly left us, well, er... intrigued. Does Steve just want to let everyone know that he's working from home? Why does MC [[[Zuper Blahq]]] make a "Seig Heil" salute to Boys Noize? How do the guys in Crookers feel about getting shouted out alongside LMFAO? (You know, that "I'm in Miami, Bitch" band?) We don't have the answers and we might never find them. Regardless, we here at XLR8R are so damn enthralled by this piece of filmmaking that we've decided to launch the Unofficial Steve Aoki Remix Contest. Do you have your own vision for this simply unbelievable piece of music? Think you have what it takes to hop aboard Aoki's ostentatious, tattoo-fueled party train? If so, then click here to learn more and enter.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player