Beats in Space Radio Turns 10, Starts Record Label, and Begins New SF Residency
- Words: Thomas Rees
In conjunction with Beats in Space radio's 10th anniversary, Tim Sweeney will showcase celebratory events in Los Angeles, New York, Glasgow, London, and San Francisco, with the latter kicking off a new monthly residency at the city's Triple Crown club. Additionally, the new year will mark the first release from Beats in Space Records, a 12" from German disco-house producer Tensnake. With 10 years on air and several hundred shows archived and available for download, Beats in Space has become a major force in the music world and the culture in general, garnering 175,000 unique downloads from the site every month. For some Bay Area flavor and to get amped for Sweeney's San Francisco residency, check out a BIS mix from the boys of San Francisco's Honey Soundsystem, and this other exclusive download of Sweeney's set at Horsemeat Disco's fifth anniversary party in London.
Tim Sweeney kicks off his San Francisco residency with Brennan Green at The Triple Crown on November 13 from 9 p.m. 'til 4 a.m.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player