Beats in Space Radio Turns 10, Starts Record Label, and Begins New SF Residency
- Words: Thomas Rees
In conjunction with Beats in Space radio's 10th anniversary, Tim Sweeney will showcase celebratory events in Los Angeles, New York, Glasgow, London, and San Francisco, with the latter kicking off a new monthly residency at the city's Triple Crown club. Additionally, the new year will mark the first release from Beats in Space Records, a 12" from German disco-house producer Tensnake. With 10 years on air and several hundred shows archived and available for download, Beats in Space has become a major force in the music world and the culture in general, garnering 175,000 unique downloads from the site every month. For some Bay Area flavor and to get amped for Sweeney's San Francisco residency, check out a BIS mix from the boys of San Francisco's Honey Soundsystem, and this other exclusive download of Sweeney's set at Horsemeat Disco's fifth anniversary party in London.
Tim Sweeney kicks off his San Francisco residency with Brennan Green at The Triple Crown on November 13 from 9 p.m. 'til 4 a.m.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player