Grievous Angel Retools Entire Dusk + Blackdown Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Sheffield's Grievous Angel has been tapped to re-work the entirety of Dusk + Blackdown's Margins Music album. Margins Music Redux will reflect the style found on Grievous Angel's Ableton dubstep mixes, which blur the lines between remixes, dubs, and entirely new tracks. Seeing the original album as a "travelogue through London’s postcodes and timezones, I wanted to bring out the mythical, narrative element of the songs," says the Angel. Though the record doesn't come out for a bit, Keysound Recordings has put up a preview video of the album on YouTube to whet fans' appetites.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player