Poland's Unsound Festival Begins New York Edition in February
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Anetka
One of the more high-profile European electronic festivals, Poland's Unsound Festival will premiere a New York edition in February. Though the Kraków edition begins tomorrow, it is worth looking forward to the New York installment: it will mark the US debut of the Moritz von Oswald Trio, as well as bring a host of other European and North American artists into the fold. Perhaps most interesting is the special festival focus entitled "Eastern Promise," a massive undertaking to bring techno and electronic acts from former Soviet bloc countries Stateside for the first time, including the inimitable Jacek Sienkiewicz and Marcin Czubala, two of tech-house's brightest young producers. Along with the dancier moments, lectures, screenings, and other less frenetic cultural offerings will be offered at the Goethe Institut's Wyoming Building.
Unsound in New York will take place February 4-14 in New York City. Keep checking the official site for updates.
Photo: Jacek Sienkiewicz
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player