Poland's Unsound Festival Begins New York Edition in February
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Anetka
One of the more high-profile European electronic festivals, Poland's Unsound Festival will premiere a New York edition in February. Though the Kraków edition begins tomorrow, it is worth looking forward to the New York installment: it will mark the US debut of the Moritz von Oswald Trio, as well as bring a host of other European and North American artists into the fold. Perhaps most interesting is the special festival focus entitled "Eastern Promise," a massive undertaking to bring techno and electronic acts from former Soviet bloc countries Stateside for the first time, including the inimitable Jacek Sienkiewicz and Marcin Czubala, two of tech-house's brightest young producers. Along with the dancier moments, lectures, screenings, and other less frenetic cultural offerings will be offered at the Goethe Institut's Wyoming Building.
Unsound in New York will take place February 4-14 in New York City. Keep checking the official site for updates.
Photo: Jacek Sienkiewicz
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player