Poland's Unsound Festival Begins New York Edition in February
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Anetka
One of the more high-profile European electronic festivals, Poland's Unsound Festival will premiere a New York edition in February. Though the Kraków edition begins tomorrow, it is worth looking forward to the New York installment: it will mark the US debut of the Moritz von Oswald Trio, as well as bring a host of other European and North American artists into the fold. Perhaps most interesting is the special festival focus entitled "Eastern Promise," a massive undertaking to bring techno and electronic acts from former Soviet bloc countries Stateside for the first time, including the inimitable Jacek Sienkiewicz and Marcin Czubala, two of tech-house's brightest young producers. Along with the dancier moments, lectures, screenings, and other less frenetic cultural offerings will be offered at the Goethe Institut's Wyoming Building.
Unsound in New York will take place February 4-14 in New York City. Keep checking the official site for updates.
Photo: Jacek Sienkiewicz
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player