Trus'me Collaborates Extensively On Upcoming Album
- Words: Thomas Rees
Manchester's Trus'me has teamed up with an all-star cast of producers and musicians for his sophomore effort, In the Red, which arrives in December. Really, it seems the young Mancunian has gone Detroit, as the record features the Motor City's jazzy neo-soul stylist Amp Fiddler, Jazzanova bandleader Paul Randolph, and Mahogani Music favorite Pirahnahead. And as if that amazing cast of soulful house luminaries isn't enough to make other producers jealous, Trus'me has also collaborated with LA's boogie king Dam-Funk for a low-slung cover of WasNotWas' "Wheel Me Out." The sense of anticipation is palpable here at the XLR8R offices, so you should be sweating it out waiting for this one, too.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player