Video: Bot'Ox "Blue Steel"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Frenchman Cosmo Vitelli is known for his top-shelf disco productions, but in recent months he's also been making waves with his more ethereal and oddball Bot'Ox side project. "Blue Steel" is the title track from a forthcoming EP on Vitelli's own I'm a Cliché label, and although the song veers a bit toward "music for a quirky commercial," once we found out the video was basically a series of inflatable objects, household items, and toys getting run over in slow motion, we were sold.
Blue Steel will be released on November 9.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player