Ableton Releases Much-Anticipated Max for Live
- Words: Patric Fallon
From the music-production and live-performance software giant Ableton, in conjunction with the masterminds that brought you Max/MSP, Cycling '74, comes the long-awaited Max for Live, released today. This monumental pairing takes the potential of Max/MSP (which allows users to create their own instruments and devices) and seamlessly integrates it with the flexible and easy-to-use Ableton program (our friend Christopher Willits explored the release not long ago). If you're not too interested in building your own devices, however, Max for Live comes complete with a collection of choice instruments and effects, already put together and ready to be used. Max for Live is currently available straight from the Ableton web shop and selected music retailers starting at $299 USD.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player