Etienne Jaumet Mixes & Discusses His Influences
- Words: Thomas Rees
French loop-stylist Etienne Jaumet's Night Music is one of our favorite albums of the year, but it isn't a typical electronic music album by any means. With such a different sound, what could Jaumet's influences be? Well, Domino has posted a new mix by the man himself, as well as some YouTube videos explaining his choices, offering a glimpse of what drives the exotic, dark aura of Jaumet's full-length. With selections from Suicide, Harmonia, and Goblin along with many others, the mix is an hour-long trip through Jaumet's musical mind.
Check out the tracklist and two videos after the jump!
YOUNG MARBLE GIANTS "Eating Noddemix"
FRANCOIS DE ROUBAIX "Les Caïds"
MAX MATHEWS "Bicycle Built For Two"
DAF "Der Sheriff"
JACQUES TOLLOT "Enlevez Les Boulons, Le Croiseur Se Désagrège"
PELLOQUIN / SAUVAGEAU "Sterilization"
SUN RA "Love In Outer Space"
ALAIN GORAGUER "Le Bracelet"
FRANCO BATTIATO "Propiedad Prohibida"
ASH RA TEMPEL VI - MANUEL GOTTSCHING "Echo Waves"
HARUOMI HOSONO & TADANORI YOKOO "Malabar Hotel... Upper Floor... Moving Triangle"
HELDON "Back To Heldon"
USTAD BISMILLAH KAHN "Raag Todi"
Listen to the mix here.
Check out Jaumet on Suicide and how to listen to his own music below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player