Etienne Jaumet Mixes & Discusses His Influences
- Words: Thomas Rees
French loop-stylist Etienne Jaumet's Night Music is one of our favorite albums of the year, but it isn't a typical electronic music album by any means. With such a different sound, what could Jaumet's influences be? Well, Domino has posted a new mix by the man himself, as well as some YouTube videos explaining his choices, offering a glimpse of what drives the exotic, dark aura of Jaumet's full-length. With selections from Suicide, Harmonia, and Goblin along with many others, the mix is an hour-long trip through Jaumet's musical mind.
Check out the tracklist and two videos after the jump!
YOUNG MARBLE GIANTS "Eating Noddemix"
FRANCOIS DE ROUBAIX "Les Caïds"
MAX MATHEWS "Bicycle Built For Two"
DAF "Der Sheriff"
JACQUES TOLLOT "Enlevez Les Boulons, Le Croiseur Se Désagrège"
PELLOQUIN / SAUVAGEAU "Sterilization"
SUN RA "Love In Outer Space"
ALAIN GORAGUER "Le Bracelet"
FRANCO BATTIATO "Propiedad Prohibida"
ASH RA TEMPEL VI - MANUEL GOTTSCHING "Echo Waves"
HARUOMI HOSONO & TADANORI YOKOO "Malabar Hotel... Upper Floor... Moving Triangle"
HELDON "Back To Heldon"
USTAD BISMILLAH KAHN "Raag Todi"
Listen to the mix here.
Check out Jaumet on Suicide and how to listen to his own music below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player